About This Blog

This blog is published as an offering of topics that may be of interest to Ridgefield residents in the hope that it will spark some dialog about important issues that face us as a community.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Whoopie. I’m now legal

Written by Jan Rifkinson
Saturday, 20 August 2011


Candidates can only do so much. The rest of it is up to you, voters, to support and ultimately vote for the candidate of your choice.

So for those of you who may have secretly enjoyed my posts, discussions, blog, newspaper articles and pictures of my Bouvier, now’s the time to step up to the plate. And if you can convince any of your friends to join the party, so much the better.

Here’s the info: Checks should be paid to: jan4selectman which is the name of the campaign committee. Please Mail to: Jan Rifkinson P.O. Box 1197, Ridgefield, CT 06877.

Your donations will be itemized and deposited in the committee account at Webster Bank.

Asking for financial help is an uncomfortable endeavor but a campaign is a group effort so whatever you can comfortably afford will be much appreciated.

Your donations will go a long way to help my grass roots campaign as an un-affiliated candidate (by choice) spread the word that un-affiliated simply means that I will be using my common sense when making decisions that affect taxpayers.

I have been told I am on a Quixotic adventure, that I cannot possibly beat the town’s political machine. I say otherwise and I hope you agree.

I promise not to waste your hard earned dollars on party favors, liveried waiters and limos.

My entire campaign is an open book. Symbolically, our headquarters is out in the open, under a beautiful old Norway Spruce (or is it an old pine?) in the large median between Ross Bread and Talbots.

We have a park bench, a small metal table and three chairs. Me, Stella Bella and the campaign brain trust meet on Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to noon, to discuss campaign issues and strategy. We also engage other residents in conversation about Ridgefield and we are there to answer questions should any of you care to join us.

I’m really enjoying myself. This exercise in democracy is a wonderful experience and, with your help, I look forward to serving the Ridgefield community as a selectman come Nov 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment