About This Blog

This blog is published as an offering of topics that may be of interest to Ridgefield residents in the hope that it will spark some dialog about important issues that face us as a community.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Please sign my petition to get on the ballot as an un-affiliated candidate for Board of Selectmen.

This is a real exercise in grass roots democracy and I love it. I'm running as an un-affiliated candidate for Board of Selectmen by choice and, as such, I must petition to get on the ballot in Nov.

The CT Secy of State, Dept. of Elections sets the number of signatures I must gather to qualify for a position on the ballot. Those signatures must then be authenticated by the Ridgefield Town Clerk.

If I am successful in gathering the required number of signatures, I can then campaign as a candidate for the Board of Selectmen. My name will appear in 4th place, last on the ballot. 

Many people have told me that they are tired of politics-as-usual.

In response, I say the only way things have a chance of changing is if there are different people serving on the boards and I mean all of them; that is assuming you don't like the way things are being handled now.


It's up to you voters. Candidates like me (or anyone else) can only do so much. Then it's up to you. You have to sign petitions and vote. It's called democracy.


I'm told this may be an uphill battle to win a seat on the Board as an un-affiliated candidate but I am extremely excited and positive about the entire process and look forward to meeting all of you. 

Fri, July 29th 2:30-4:30 @ Farmer's Market (Garden of Ideas)
Sat, July 30th 10:00-12:00 @ Stop 'n Shop
Sat, July 30th 1:00-3:00 @ Town Hall, Main St.

Thanks.


Website: http://myridgefield.blogspot.com

Facebook: http://goo.gl/RhiIE

No comments:

Post a Comment